I'm still working as a volunteer at Canterbury on the Lake. I love it there, I feel like I'm making a difference even if it is in a small way. People keep commenting on how willing I am to do anything I'm asked and how they can't believe what a hard worker I am especially for being so young. I think that is an important attribute to have and I've always felt I would have difficulty being a hard worker. But with everyone telling me that I am one already, it makes me feel good that this has come so naturally to me. I'm also happy that I'm learning these things before I have a job (which I hope to have one by next summer maybe at Canterbury:).Even though I feel really good about working at Canterbury, I still feel like I am not doing enough. Like I'm not making a big enough difference in enough peoples lives. So, how do I change that? Will I ever feel accomplished? I believe I will never feel completely accomplished, I'll have moments when I accomplish cretin things and then I will feel good about what I've done. But, I will always want to do more then I have/am. This is because (as I have previously mentioned) my life is all about helping others. I want to help people learn, change, understand, and feel better. This is one reason I want to pursue the carrier of being a psychotherapist. To help people find the happiness thats within us all. To reach out to people all over the country, and if possible the world! :D
So, my dilemma... what do I do? Does anyone have any ideas on what else I can do for charity? Please if you do leave a comment or e-mail me at MelanieLCaples@yahoo.com.
Thankyou for everyones help and support!
--Melanie
No comments:
Post a Comment