Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A new years resolution, that came six months late.

My time at Canterbury has still been going great. Today I went back to bringing books to all of the residents in assisted living. I actually got three takers! Three women took out a variety of books. So I was very pleased that my time was worth while. I also got to talk to many of the residents and I can just tell from the smiles on their faces that I was sharing my time with people who appreciated it. Yet again, near twelve of the residents were away on a picnic so there were not as many people to talk to.


Afterwords I was scheduled to go into the bingo hall but it was cancelled today because of the picnic outing. So, I offered to help some of the lady's at the front desk of the assisted living. They didn't really need anything from me so I decided to go to Dawns office to help her with paper work. She graciously accepted my help and she was shocked at how much work I got finished in the hour I was in her office.

My project started off with the goal of helping others. But, with an underlining goal of helping myself by being taught valuable lessons. Making myself a better person doesn't only come from helping others but also finding ways to change things within my life and mind. I am now thinking I should have broadened my topic by choosing to change my life in many different ways. Even though I didn't choose that as my topic I have been changing Little things in my life through out this summer. Truthfully, I believe of all the things I have tried to change by far the will to help others has shined through. My experiences at Canterbury have given me such an amazing outlook on a working environment and an amazing opportunity to help others in a wonderful place. I would absolutely love to work at Canterbury and that's something I like to have, to be able to be happy with my job.


This project has given us all an opportunity of fulfilling a "New Years Resolution", type of goal that for some has failed just like many of these type resolutions do. But even if you don't have the desired outcome you wished for, has the project been a failure? I believe not! It has still given you new outlooks and ways of thinking. It has presented you with problems and solutions that, I bet, have taught you more then if your project went exactly how you thought it would.

So, I congratulate everyone on their projects continuing success!

--Melaine

No comments:

Post a Comment