Monday, July 19, 2010

Happiness

Last week I asked for some ideas of places I could go to donate my time in a positive way. I got two different ideas, Grace centers of hope and adopting a family. These were two great ideas but sadly neither worked out. Grace center of hope is located in Pontiac and they serve the homeless with a meal, a safe, warm place and someone to talk to about problems including addiction. This is an amazing organization but my Dad wont let me go to Pontiac alone. Adopting a family is choosing a family to raise money for to help them with everyday expenses and saving up for the children's Birthdays and other holidays. But, as I specified before, I don't want to add money into this equation. I want to see what my time can do to help others, creating smiles on others faces. Money is not the source of happiness.

"Happiness is in the heart not the circumstances."

--Anonymous


"Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared."
--Buddha

No comments:

Post a Comment