Do you feel like your a good person? I've debated this question internally and its given me a bit of turmoil that I want to work out.
Life is simply a series of decisions we all make every second of the day. Our brain is constantly processing information that helps us make these choices. Even for the simplest activities like deciding were to go out to dinner. We evaluate the risks and benefits in hopes of making the right decision. Many times this is done subconsciously.
I believe I'm a good person as I'm sure most do. I avoid poor decisions and try not to let my emotions be taken into too much account. The thing is i feel regreatful that i haven't been the kind and generous person outwardly that i know i am. I feel as though i do the right thing and work through the problems i have with others and myself fairly well. Although many would say I am a good person at heart is this enough?
I've had many ideas for my summer project, from getting in shape to learning of others religions. But, with some thought i think i've finally come up with a great idea that will not only put a smile on my face but hopefully the faces of the many people whose lives i've touched through the course of the summer. I have really wanted to go out and donate my time in a creative and productive way with no money introduced into the equation. So, charity it is!
I'm doing this I hopes that the reactions I create from this decision will be of great help to others. I will not be collectiong money or buying toys for children. Instead I will be sharing my time, creativity and enthusiasm for life with others. This is all in hopes of becoming a better person and finding a type of peace the I feel i've been missing. Not to mention giving to toughs who truly need and are thankful for what I have to give. I feel this process will be a great success and I'm truly hoping to change lives including my own:)
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give" --Winston Churchill
No comments:
Post a Comment